Thursday, April 17, 2008

walking for Allie

This is Allie, and she is in my son Gray's kindergarten class. Allie has Cystic Fibrosis.

This Saturday, April 19th, is the Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides walk in Chapel Hill, and their kindergarten class will comprise part of Allie's team, "Allie's Gators." If you don't know much about Cystic Fibrosis, it is a disease that affects both the lungs and digestive systems, and causes the body to produce a thick, sticky mucus. Allie has to do daily lung treatments to keep her lungs clear and free of infection. The current life expectancy of a person with Cystic Fibrosis is 36.5 years, and hopefully by the time that Allie is in her 30's, the life expectancy of those with CF will be much, much longer!

I encourage you to get out and walk on Saturday morning, or to make a donation to help with CF research. For my clients (or future clients!) who make a donation by clicking the link below, I will give you a photography gift certificate in a matching amount of your donation, up to $150.

You can donate by clicking this link:
CFF Great Strides walk

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I hope there is a HUGE turnout! What a great idea and what a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

That's such a great thing to do Gretchen, I hope it's a big success!

Anonymous said...

Hope it is a wonderful success.

Anonymous said...

Here's to a humongo turnout. What a great cause to be part of! Much success!

Anonymous said...

I had a really really good friend in high school with CF. You are doing a wonderful thing, I hope it is hugely successful and I am happy to make a donation.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie and a great this to do!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cause and beautiful girl.
I wish you all much success with the fundraising!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Gretchen. The official totals aren't in yet but it looks like the walk raised over $62,000 today. This money will do great things for Allie and others living with CF. Thanks to all for your support. Amy (Allie's mom)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little girl and you are such a generous person Gretchen!

Anonymous said...

Awesome gretchen!!! I'm sure it will be fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Great idea and wonderful cause! Thank you for giving back.

Heather Gibb said...

She is a doll! What a great idea you have and I hop things turn out great!!

Anonymous said...

I love your idea! Good for you!