Tuesday, April 29, 2008

baby season

Whew! It has been a whirlwind month of newborn sessions!

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm an absolute baby fanatic, so these sessions are always a little treat for me.

Introducing:

Ben (on left), who had a fabulous head of hair. My two-year old watched as I edited part of Ben's session, and is enamored with Ben's "caterpillar" belly button (the cord stump that had not yet fallen off), and ever since has requested to see Ben's pictures whenever I'm on the computer. Ben is now famous in the Mathison house:-)

Mollie, below, who was so calm for the whole session. She was just a tiny, adorable little peanut who also had a great head of hair (and a very sweet big brother.)



Graham, who had the most scrumptious cheeks. His little smile here makes me smile every time I see this picture!


Will's little brother, Charlie, a mere 15 hours old. It was very hard for me to hand him back to his mommy... he had that unmistakeable newborn scent that I love so much!


Owen, my newest client ever at about 2 minutes old.


And Courtney, who was about 6 weeks old here and gave me the sleepy newborn curl (a little miracle for babies over a few weeks old!)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Each and every one of these amazing and some look so vintage. Your B&W's are perfection. These will be cherished for sure.

Anonymous said...

Gretchen, you are such an amazing baby photographer. These parents are so lucky to have to you document this special time!

Unknown said...

These are all fantastic! You have such a way with newborns!!

Anonymous said...

That stretching one must makes me smile! All of them are so precious... beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

What lucky parents - to have such beautiful babies AND images of them that are to die for!

Kendell said...

All of these images really show the beauty and freshness of these babies. Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

These are all fantastic Gretchen. That stretch in the first one is precious!

Anonymous said...

scrumptious!!! These are GORGEOUS! Need I mention that I'm insanely jealous- I LOVE steaks of newborns! :) Beautiful work, every single one is amazing.

About SH Portraits said...

Each and everyone is just sheer perfection!

meggan said...

These are lovely set of images! You have a wonderful eye for the itty bitty ones! :)

Anonymous said...

These are all lovely and sweet. New babies ARE the best ever. Love the birth image especially.

wesleyjeanne said...

What dolls, every one. And fantastic shots! It must have been hard not to spend the entire time with each of them just smelling them and touching their soft skin. How lucky you are to get to play with so many babies when yours are getting so big. Hope you're doing well!

Anonymous said...

You have such a way with newborns. Love every single one!