Thursday, June 03, 2010

hey, is that a tee pee in your living room?

So here's the thing about pets and kids.

They're completely, totally, 100% unpredictable.

And that makes my job always fun, always fresh, always something a little different. It can be the same family, same pet, same house and still be a completely different session than the last time. Kids can be cranky or happy, outgoing or shy. They may be incredibly reserved during one session and the next year, grab my hand and take me to show me their favorite toys and new big-kid beds. Pets can LOVE YOU! LOVE YOU! LOVE YOU! (okay, I'm pretty much talking about dogs in that case) or eh, whatever (cat lovers, you know what I'm talking about).

I just never know what I'm getting when I step out of my car and into someone else's home, and man, I love it. That's what makes me get out of bed each morning - knowing that even though I'm always incredibly busy, that there is just never going to be a dull moment. Like any job, this one isn't ALL fun and games... but there are many smiles along the way, even on my craziest days.

The photos in this post are from client sessions I did for Go Realty in Cary. Stop by and say hi to the great people who work there... you won't be sorry you did. And you may even get a really sweet coffee mug out of the deal:-)


This family had five kids. I love how this picture tells a little mini story of how their daily life must be, ie: controlled chaos:


Normally, if I tell kids this age to hold hands they are completely appalled. Grossed out. Mortified. But these three? They were awesome and did it without gagging or making faces or anything! (See, there's a little more unpredictability for you.)


Is it just me, or do you think this cat just KNOWS she's hot stuff?


This picture will make you yawn. Seriously. I just looked at it and did.


I don't care what you say, I swear this dog has a smile on her face.



Kid art. Funny how you don't see the true beauty in it until you become a parent yourself, and then suddenly you have 14 under-the-bed boxes full of it because you can't bear to throw away a single piece.



I think it is safe to say she was not my biggest fan (but HELLO, cute!):



For a brief moment I considered grabbing this puppy and driving away into the sunset, but then I remembered that puppies cry in the middle of the night. Often. Loudly. With sad, wimpering little puppy noises that make you get up out of sheer pity. When I weighed sleep vs. puppy, sleep won. (Also, I enjoy my lack of rap sheet, so I figured I would not start a life of theft now. But that might just be the cutest puppy ever.)


Girl vs. poodle. The only winners here are her parents when it is time for bed. Score one for exhaustion!

1 comment:

Ursula said...

GREEEETT! This is Urs! I want thos epics of the boys! Tell me where to go! EEEEEEEEEEE! :D

*hugs you tight*