Friday, May 07, 2010

if at first you don't succeed....

Yes, yes. Neglectful blogger checking in! Are you surprised? I own it. I just can't swing multiple blog updates a week. I'm always editing or shooting or driving someone to baseball practice or going to a preschool board meeting or seeing a show with my husband at the DPAC. It's life. So thanks for hanging in there with me despite my blogging downfalls.

Having said all that, here's a session I'd love to share - brothers Sam and Gordie. I've photographed this family several times before so I knew ahead of time we'd have fun. What I didn't expect was that on our first try for this shoot, it would be 32 degrees with incredible winds. We lasted approximately 5 minutes, and poor baby Sam cried for 30 minutes AFTER we decided to pack up and leave. It was C-O-L-D. Thankfully, our make-up date (several months later) was pure weather perfection. 75 and sunny with just a slight breeze.

Happy weather + happy kids = happy photographer. And happy parents, too... look at these cutie pies!!


Boys and sticks - it's in their DNA:

We stuck them in this spot, and they provided the cuteness:



Let me just stomp on my brother's head for a laugh: (it worked!)

1 comment:

Corey Sewell said...

These are awesome, Gretchen! Love them all!