Wednesday, August 16, 2006

watching him grow


One of the many reasons I love my job is that I get to watch babies grow. Baby Charles is no exception... I photographed his mom while she was pregnant with him, and have since had the chance to go back and photograph him two more times - as a newborn, and then just a few weeks ago as he was turning 4 months old. (Above you can see one image from each session.) He's gone from a scrumptious little newborn to an adorable baby with the cutest tuft of wavy hair on the top of his head. And WOW does he look like his dad!

It is especially fun when I can capture parents at the maternity session - before they become parents, but have already painstakingly created the nursery in anticipation of their new little bundle - and then again after they have become parents. Not only do I see the transformation in the babies as they grow physically, but I see the transformation in the parents, too, as they grow into their new roles as mom and dad.

Thank you to each and every one of my clients who invite me back into your homes to document your babies as they grow. It always makes me smile:-)


2 comments:

erin said...

Hey Gretchen. I love the blog! You know I am always watching your website for new pictures. The pictures for the clothing line are gorgeous!! I know B&W is your thing (and my favorite), but you doing amazing color pics, too--no surpise at all.

take care
erin l

oh kate said...

gorgeous (: makes me excited at the thought of having a child of my own... in a few years. hehe