Saturday, May 09, 2009

elizabeth + steve

So I know what you're thinking: Hey, Gretchen isn't a wedding photographer.

And usually, I'm not. But I do make the occasional exception. For Elizabeth and Steve, I'm sure glad I did. It was a tiny wedding, which is why I agreed to do it. (That, and the fact that Steve sounded pretty darn nice from his email.)

It was such a sweet ceremony, and I have to admit it was tough not to cry as they choked back the tears on the altar.

I love documenting love. Some days, my job just couldn't get any cooler:-)





Elizabeth's kids, David and Hannah. David was 4 and his antics while they were saying their vows had me (silently) chuckling to myself.

Isn't she lovely? :-)

Hannah's special bunny who was wearing the EXACT same dress as she was. How cute is that?

My future competition (or assistant!)

4 comments:

Kimberly Hill said...

I love these!!! No wonder you gushed about this wedding. Lucky, lucky Elizabeth & Steve to have you share your talent with them. And lucky you to be blessed with such a fabulous family to document in GretchenStyle.

Anonymous said...

From Minnesota

You two were made for each other, may you continue to be as happy in the years to come as you are today. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Rick & Nancy

June said...

Oh, Gretchen, these are beautiful! You are amazing, and they are so lucky to have had such a talented and sappy photographer capture their day.

PamN said...

Get ready for a lot more people calling you and begging you to do their weddings!