Saturday, January 19, 2008

first snow

When you've lived in NC for awhile, you know that snow is no guarantee, even in the coldest winter months. I think it has been a few years since we've gotten snow (ie: not ice) of any consequence.

My kids have been DYING for some snow. The look of sheer delight on my 5 year old's face when he looked out the window today to see the huge, wet flakes coming down... well, it was priceless.

We bundled 'em up, I grabbed my cheapest camera and lens, and outside we went. We just moved a week ago, so some playtime outside was a welcome break from the unpacking and the other delightful tasks associated with moving your family of five.

It was my 2 year old's first real experience with snow, and despite the fact that he kept falling in his completely inappropriate footwear (um, Crocs), he loved it. And my 5 year old is completely convinced that by the time we wake up in the morning, there will be enough snow for a snowman and plenty of snowballs with which to pelt his 9-year old brother. Ah, to be a kid again:-)

If you have an extra minute, here is a short slideshow of our snow day:


snow day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, it's official, you have to move in with me and capture all of Chloe's moments like this. Since we're in Morehead City and new there was no chance of us seeing the white stuff, we packed up and headed to my sister's house in Va Beach, Va where they were expecting 4 inches. Oh to have had you capture her first experience with the snow coming down and snowball fights with her cousin, Sara. I tried my best to capture it with my little Kodak digital, but either you have it, or you don't! I don't! ha Thanks for sharing! :)
Brenda

MegRNC said...

Too cute! And beautiful new house!