Monday, November 12, 2007

brrr!!

Last week I had the pleasure of photographing Finn on an especially chilly morning. It was one of those days where lots of things weren't going right... I couldn't find a place to park, my cell phone died, and then once into the session, my fully charged batteries kept dying. But I left just knowing we'd gotten lots of fun pictures of Finn and his almost-3 personality. He was full of spunk and cuteness... the perfect combination for a great session!

This time of year, I field a lot of questions from clients about what to dress their kids in for outdoor sessions. LAYERS are the key if you'd like to avoid having them bundled up in a coat for every picture. Fall and winter can be so much fun with sweaters, hats and scarves (and perfect for that holiday card!) Usually a long-sleeved t-shirt under a thick sweater keeps them warm enough... especially combined with the considerable amount of time we all spend running around during a session! Another warm change of clothes is always a good thing to have on hand, and clothes that are easily washed are the best choice. A key element to a good session is lots of playing, and playing is dirty work!

I'll be back later this week with an update on holiday ordering deadlines, so stay tuned:-)


No comments: